Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Think Keith Bardwell is an Ignorant Racist Who Should Resign or Be Dismissed? Seems You're In the Minority.

In part two of "Jesus Christ how much stupider can the people of Louisiana make themselves look?", a poll shows that 41% of people think that nothing should happen to the man who has single handedly revived the tradition of our great state receiving the spot light and shame at the same time. Granted, this is a WWL opinion poll (Link), not scientific, and wide open to multiple votes and abuse, but still. 41%? I suppose we should be grateful, someone told me it got as high as 53% for awhile. The poll is on the left of the article about the lawsuit the couple is bringing against him. Do me a favor and try to swing it back in favor of sanity.


I ask you, is this the face of a racist? He lets black people use his bathroom for Christ's sake! Well, his separate but equal segregated bathroom, not his of course. And it's really more of a half-bath, but you get the point. Black people take dumps in his house, and he's damn proud of it.

Dealing with the lawsuit, I'll admit, I cringed a little when I read it. They are perfectly within their rights to do so, and god knows I feel little to no sympathy for Bardwell. I just hate that I'll now have to deal with people rolling their eyes and saying things like, "Of course they sued. They probably went in from the get go planning on it." You're reading it here first. Anyone who lives in this area, just know that I called it. Thing is, it doesn't matter. Money may make their motives less noble (and I'm not saying this is the case, for all I know the suit is strictly about the principal of the matter), but Bardwell is still being a defiant, racist, asshole. Really sickening part is that he thinks he's being noble, standing up for a principle, the lone voice crying truth in the wilderness. Obviously, he has the local support to back it up, at least the vocal segment. I heard a woman on the radio this morning claiming that he told her mother this weekend that they never asked him to marry them, just if they could get a marriage license from him. The story goes that he, rightly as far as it goes, told them he didn't issue any marriage licenses. They took it as him not wanting to marry them and made an issue out of a non-issue. Only problem is, he is all over the news telling the story we've all heard by now. See? People are now making shit up to justify his actions. I really don't believe that he's admitting on national television to racism, but is ashamed to tell his friends and neighbors? No, the rumor mill and redneck spin doctors are out in full force, trying to make him out as the persecuted party. You can all bite me. Anyone who backs this idiot is single handedly helping to keep this parish, this state, and this country as backward looking as possible. Your doing great guys, keep it up!
Last thought, anyone want to bet this guy's a birther too? I got a hundred dollars that if you ask him, he has, "serious doubts" about Obama's nationality. Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment